Final projects will be done in pairs, so there will be 4 groups of 2 each. Groups can enlist auditing students to help, but it will be their choice to join a group.
Projects will center around a research are in dialog and will have three parts:
- Literature review: research your area and collect relevant papers. You’ll be presenting some to the class and producing a “position paper” summarizing the literature and how it impacts dialog system building today.
- Data analysis: Progress relies on data. Use the Multiwoz data set and others to show examples of the problem you’re researching and discuss what data would move the area forward.
- Implementation: Ensure your group has a working baseline from the previous assignment, which may require some code and data merging.
- Create a plan for how this baseline could be improved in the area you are researching
- Implement as much as possible in Dialogflow
- Write up both what you accomplished and what were the blocks in Dialogflow for the feature you were not able to implement.
- Referring expressions
- Broader contextual interpretation (e.g. ellipsis, definite NPs)
- Dialog evaluation
- Clarification and error recovery