Presentations start Friday, Nov 16
15-20 minutes each (so each person’s part should be ~7 minutes)
Put your presentations in the Dialog Topics folder
Today: Discuss the papers
- What is the key problem it is addressing
- Where/how was it successful
- What challenges does it identify?
Research: Each person in the group
- Select a related paper on some aspect that you’re interested in
- Foundational work(e.g. some theoretical foundation for the work)
- Work that moves this work forward
- Work that tackles some specific aspect of the original paper
- What problem is the original paper addressing?
- Where/how was the work successful
- What are the challenges?
- How does your individual paper relate
- What are its contributions?
- Start you presentation with names of the group members on the slide
- Include any background info members of the class might need to understand the presentation
- Include examples!!!
- Make sure it’s readable–think about fonts and colors, and not too much explanatory text
- Can you use a diagram rather than a description?
- When you present, be ready and focus on the class, not the slides
- Make sure you’ve decided who’s computer your using and how you’re connecting